You will be a joining cross functional multidisciplinary team of highly skilled engineers as a key member within the salon operations group. The team owns their solutions, hence you will have the freedom to shape the product without worrying about bureaucracy or politics. We believe and trust in our team, this is reflected in our “zero micro-management” approach.
The work done by the salon operation team is reflected daily in the experiences of our clients, enabling them to have a robust experience with the product. You will be a key member of this multidisciplinary team, designing and building the future of our multi-tenant SAAS platform.
The type of person we want
- Someone who will recommend and implement new software component designs or enhancements to existing software products
- Someone who will work with our product designers and owners to turn high-level requirements into user stories and shippable features
- Quality & high standards really matter to us – you will focus on continually applying high coding standards, excellent attention to detail and a methodological work process.
- Demonstrate proper coding techniques including maintainability, reuse, clean code, unit testing and driving standards within the team.
- Never stops learning, pursues and understands the latest technology trends, with a pragmatic approach to solution design. Someone who knows not only when to use a new tool or technology, but also when not to.
- Coach and support teammates through code reviews and whiteboarding sessions
- Be that person who takes the initiative on designing and implementing solutions that provide positive outcomes for the team and business.
- Someone that challenges the norm and isn’t afraid to voice their opinion.
What we’re looking for
- Proficiency in object-oriented software design
- Experience with one or more JVM languages (Java, Kotlin, Groovy etc)
- Experience designing distributed services which can communicate in a fault-tolerant manner using both RESTful and message-driven APIs.
- Experience with GraphQL would be beneficial but not mandatory.
- Ability to inspire and motivate, to improve quality and productivity, maintaining technical innovation and excellence
- Experience and deep understanding of modern software engineering practices such as continuous delivery, TDD, MVC, ORM
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable distributed system
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience with lean/agile software development methodologies such as Kanban, XP, Scrum
- Great communication: Cross-team collaboration is key in our organisation, we are looking for people who are excellent at understanding others ideas and explaining their’s.