You will join a small group of highly skilled engineers in building exciting new features and extending our platform. Given we are a small product group, you will have freedom and control to shape our product vision without bureaucracy or politics.
We are looking for:
- Someone who will Architect / implement / recommend new software component designs or enhancements to existing software products
- Someone who will work with our product designers and owners to turn high-level requirements into user stories and shippable features
- Quality & high standards really matter to us – you will focus on continually applying high coding standards, excellent attention to detail and a methodological work process.
- Demonstrate proper coding techniques including maintainability, reuse, clean code, unit testing and driving standards within the team.
- Never stops learning, pursues and understands the latest technology trends, with a pragmatic approach to solution design. Someone who knows not only when to use a new tool or technology, but also when not to.
- Coach and support teammates through code reviews and whiteboarding sessions
- Be that person who takes the initiative on designing and implementing solutions that provide positive outcomes for the team and business.
- Someone that challenges the norm and isn’t afraid to voice their opinion.
- Proficiency in object-oriented software design
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec, Minitest and Sidekiq.
- Familiarity with common Ruby design patterns
- Ability to inspire and motivate, to improve quality and productivity, maintaining technical innovation and excellence
- Experience and deep understanding of modern software engineering practices such as continuous delivery, TDD, MVC, ORM
- Experience in designing and building RESTful APIs
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable distributed system
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience with lean/agile software development methodologies such as Kanban, XP, Scrum
- Familiar with payment process integrations like Stripe (not required but advantageous)
- Great communication: Cross-team collaboration is key in our organisation, we are looking for people who are excellent at understanding other’s ideas and explaining their’s.
- We provide private healthcare, an employee assistance program
- Competitive Compensation, an Employee Share Purchase Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, and Income Protection.
- We help you travel by providing a bike to work scheme as well as tax saver transport tickets.
- Great learning environment including an extensive onboarding program.