Our client provides agile and transparent technology solutions to the Financial Markets community including infrastructure hosting, network connectivity, market data, As financial industry experts at the center of markets and technology, we help our clients efficiently scale their business and quickly access markets. From infrastructure to connectivity, we support our clients through the full trading lifecycle.
This is a great opportunity to join a team working on a world class analytics platform to deliver new updates, visualisations, and integrations in a responsive and agile environment.
In this close-knit team of versatile, tech-loving engineers, you will design, develop, and test new features that will present analytic insights to our customers with the aim of helping the Company towards its goal of building the only streaming analytics architecture that makes complete sense of the world’s network data by instantly transforming it into real-time actionable insights that are published, searchable and consumable by businesses.
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering Degree and/or a proven track record in software engineering
- 5+ years experience implementing complex web applications using Java, HTML5, CSS3, Typescript, JSON and a MVC framework including object-style programming and the use of dynamic updates via AJAX and RESTful web services
- Experience working in agile teams and using source control systems
- Python and PostgreSQL beneficial but not required
- Experience with the Play Framework
- Database-driven applications – database design and SQL query development (we work with PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Java web-services using SOAP
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Building modular UI Elements using WebComponents (StencilJS for example)
- Automated unit-testing and integration testing (experience using Jasmine or Jest an advantage)
- Data visualisation techniques
- Sound knowledge of design patterns and designing with abstractions
- Knowledge of user-interface design principles, automated build systems , optimisation techniques, web standards and cross browser capabilities