We are currently seeking a GIS Technician to join their expanding Warsaw team and help to take them to the next level. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop this role in order to fit the ambitious growth plans of the company.
You will operate a Network Documentation System that includes passive network elements. You will have key involvement in HFC/Ethernet network modelling, plan Civil / Cable Route, produce maps and drawings, and provide CAD and mapping support to staff members. Measure fibre, and Coaxial cable lengths provide cabling and splicing and termination schedules.
Responsibilities for each area of focus include
- Compile and update data capture information on GIS software and systems.
- Perform data conversion using GIS software and systems.
- Manage and maintain data set on our system.
- Troubleshoot GIS problems and work with design team to resolution.
- Ensure outputs are to the highest quality and adhere to client satisfaction.
- Draw up RF electrical/fibre networks and schematics.
- Design and draw up proposed duct routes on scale maps.
- Produce working documentation and works instructions.
- Provide full estimate of project materials and labour costs.
- Produce Bills of Quantities and Bills of Materials.
Key skills and experience
- A degree qualification in Electronic Engineering / Data communications /Networks or a related field
- A min of 4 years in a similar position
- GIS Smallworld & AutoCAD skills
- Ability to multitask and work to a high standard
- An analytical, detail-oriented approach to work
- A willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent written communication skills
- Telecommunications experience Access & Core.
- Experience of bid management, supply chain.