For our client we are looking for a Senior Developer to join a multi-skilled team of Engineers and Developers from both network and platform backgrounds. This role will be suited to an individual that is an all-rounder and is willing to get involved with all moving parts of the technology stack and join a high-performance team and make a difference.
The role is to design, engineer, code, test and deploy solutions that make an impact to improve business efficiency, ability to scale infrastructure fast, operational monitoring, and fulfilling development needs for both internal and client objectives.- As well as the new solutions, the role is also to continue to support, maintain and improve existing applications, microservices and internal tool chain products.
The role is not siloed to one part of the technology stack but full involvement in all the moving pieces, from DevOps tooling, configuration management, data science and microservices.
Some key technologies we are building, maintaining and delivering solutions with include Kafka, Elastic Stack, Kubernetes, GitLab, Rundeck, Linux and AWS.
Responsibilities and duties (include but not limited to):
- Design, develop and deliver microservices to meet internal or client requirements.
- Support current microservice applications, scripts and internal products.
- Build and maintain DevOps pipelines for our solutions.
- Collaborating with InfoSec on solution designs and implementation.
- Co-maintaining our Data Platform with Platform Engineering. (Kubernetes, Kafka, Elastic Stack)
- Data Science efforts using data from telemetry, polled data and metrics retrieved from the Production estate to deliver operational dashboards and reports.
- Providing necessary documentation and training to target audience of products delivered.
Education, Skills and background (incl. Education and Experience Requirements):
- At least 5 Python coding experience.
- At least 3 years working with microservices.
- At least 3 years of experience working with REST/GraphQL APIs.
- At least 5 years of experience in Linux environments with excellent command line expertise.
- At least 3 years of experience working in or alongside Operations or Engineering teams.
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
Experience working with the following would be beneficial:
- Message queue technologies (e.g Kafka)
- Container technologies (e.g Kubernetes, Docker)
- DevOps tooling, including git/gitlab, CI/CD, test automation
- Microservices Architectures
- Infrastructure-as-code tools like Ansible and Terraform
- AWS Development experience (boto, lambda, etc)